We all appreciate a classic sweet pancake, a few blueberries here and a drizzle of maple syrup there… but sometimes we just crave that savoury touch, at least I do!
Vegan Sweetcorn Pancakes are perfect for a quick brunch break when you're heading through those mountain roads and, even better, they take absolutely no time at all, giving you a little more time to take in some extraordinary views!
Now, let’s not hang around on this one:
4 tbsp of plain flour
1tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
Large handful of coriander (finely chopped)
200ml of soya milk
1 tsp of olive oil
2 tbsp of plant based Greek yoghurt
2 cans of sweetcorn
1/2 lemon (juiced)
1tsp of Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
Sliced Pecans (topping)
Sriracha chilli sauce to taste
Note - If you’re happy to spend a little more time over the stove, fry the sweetcorn on a high heat (tossing frequently) for 4 minutes with 1tbsp of plant based butter. This will enhance the flavour of the corn and take those pancakes up a notch!
1) In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, chilli flakes and chopped coriander.
2) Now gradually whisk in the olive oil, soya milk and Greek yoghurt until the constancy is nice and smooth.
3) Stir in the Sweetcorn, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper.
4) Chuck your frying pan on a medium heat and add a dash of olive oil. Spoon in the mixture and fry for 2 minutes each side! Don’t worry about the size to much, I aimed for the standard American pancake.
5) Get all those pancakes cooked up, squeeze a little lemon juice over the top and enjoy it with some sriracha chilli sauce and sliced pecans.